Friday, June 13, 2014

My Seven Years War French Army

Oddly enough I didn't take a 'whole army' on display picture. Rather surprised by that, something else I'll have to up date when I find the time.

Again all Heroics and Ros. All flags are hand painted.

Five Regiments of French Infantry. Beauvoisis, Dauphin, Piedmont, Royal Artillerie, and Royal Montbazon.


Another view and a close up.


Four Regiments of Swiss Infantry. Castellas, Diesbach, Planta and Waldner.


Four German Infantry Regiments: Alsace, Anhalt, Royal Bavarie, and Royal Seudois.


Volontaries d'Alsace, a French light infantry regiment.


Two Grenadier Battalions with Piedmont Regiment attached, the "Elite Brigade" of the army.


Marshal Victor, the Duc de Broglie and Prince de Lorraine. That's the Broglie family crest I painted on the standard (at least I'm pretty sure it is).


 French Artillery


French Light Cavalry. Two Regiments of Dragoons and one of Hussars. I know the French Dragons were wearing hats and instead of the caps. But painting them up as the War of Spanish Succession version gives the army a little more variety and style.

95% of the French cavalry in my army is two small regiments banded together (again based on the AoR rules). But the Apchon Dragoons regiment here is larger, a full regiment on its own. The other dragoon unit is Du Roy and La Frenonaye Dragoons. The hussars are Bercheny and Royal Nassau.


Close ups.


French Line Cavalry and a 6 stand Gendarme unit.


Close ups



No comments:

Post a Comment